29 November 2012

Quick Quiz/ Help me out yo!

I have come upon a bit of a problem.

I work at an advertising agency and we very luckily have a bar area and a fridge which is always stocked with beers. These are usually of the extremely mainstream variety. Tooheys and Hahn Super Dry are stables, while the purchase likes to spice it up with the ever exotic Corona!

Luckily, we also have a thing at work called the Cain award. This award in honor of the first murderer in the bible goes to the thing that each month gathers the most votes for getting rid of. I like this because instead of people bitching at work, they can just vote for the cain award and get rid of their problematic issues, like annoying systems of processes.


This month I organised dissent among my colleagues, and have managed to have our beer choices win the Cain award.

BUT here lies my challenge.

I am now faced with choosing three beers that everyone will enjoy. I was thinking 4 Pines Kolsch, Little Creatures Bright ale or even the divisive Gage Roads Atomic!

What would you choose, if you had to pick three beers for the Friday afternoon drinking pleasure of over 150 of your closest workmates? Remembering that a Rauch might not get the reception you gave it when you were stroking your chin in the local beer cafe.

6 comments:

  1. my take on it - coopers pale ale, stone and wood pacific ale, and mountain goat hightail ale. Simple and all crowd pleasers but a bit of interest in there for yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can get it, Riverside 69 Summer Ale is a super approachable, mildly hopped Pale Ale that definitely won't offend any palates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 Pines Kolsch, Stone & Wood Pacific, Two Birds Golden Ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here are my suggestions. 4 Pines Kolsch (for the lager drinker), Stone and Wood Pacific Ale (for the pale ale drinker) and White Rabbit Dark Ale (for those who want something a bit darker/more amber).

    In my experience as a bartender, these are beers that the ordinary drinker has no trouble with, and ends up enjoying immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Tom, the 4 Pines Kolsch is really close to ordinary (though you could make life easier and just keep one ordinary beer) Stone & Wood Pacific is great for something a bit different and a dark such as White Rabbit dark or Mountain Goat Hightail would keep the more adventurous happy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think 4 Pines is looking like a must! Stone & Wood also looking like a treat, have to talk about the availability of them.

    ReplyDelete